Monday, May 26, 2008

Monday Moon/Mani Day

The name of the day's origins revolve mostly around the moon, which in turn gets its name from Mani (Old English Mona), the Germanic moon god. Similarly, the names in Latin-based languages such as the Italian name (Lunedì), the French name (lundi), the Spanish name (lunes), and the Romanian name (Luni) come from the Latin name for moon, luna. In most of the Indian Languages, the word for Monday is Somvar, with Soma being the Sanskrit name for the moon. The Japanese word for Monday is getsuyōbi (月曜日) which means day of the moon.

The earliest goddess seems to have been the moon goddess according to RAW (dunno bout that).

The Moon Tarot Card (though apparently according to the chakra link, the High Priestess is more appropriate in tarot, as the moon tarot card's planet is neptune, how logical is that :p. Third Eye Indigo Chakra.

I once had extra homework because when my teacher asked when she'd get my report I sang: Monday, monday, tada, tadada :p. Don't forget the Boomtown Rats with that silicon chip inside her head getting switched to overload.

I have no idea what I'm doing with this, I guess I'm pointing out stuff we usually take for granted or something. Partly inspired by this. Does that satisfy you? ;p

added: Thanks to zupakomputer for obnoxiously letting me know that the seven days also represent the 7 luminaries.

No comments: