Wednesday, May 28, 2008

STI - Search for Terrestrial Intelligence

"I think I got off on the wrong planet. Beam me up Scotty, there's no rational life here." 
Robert Anton Wilson

You may have heard about SETI - Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence. An equally futile enterprise might be STI - Search for Terrestrial Intelligence, lol. Every single day, but especially today, I witnessed the 'uncomfortable comfort zone habit operating system' take priority over what was just the right, easy thing to do. Incredible. Sometimes I feel like I'm stuck in a robot factory watching all that programming in action.

"Well, if droids could think, there'd be none us of here, would there?"
Obi-Wan Kenobi

Obi-Wan makes sense of it all though, if we'd be intelligent enough we could have evolved out of here already, and the bright side of duality: yesterday, I suggested to someone simply changing perception regarding 'a problem' they had, and they were able to right away, not even a 'yes, but!', so that was excellent dedroidifying. The guy even saw visual flashes of the conditioning moments that lead him to have that opinion in the first place, something I have too and sometimes do as an exercise. The universe continues to baffle me, so yin yang, hehe:

"The universe is an intelligence test."
Timothy Leary

1 comment:

Kieran said...

i think i typed the quote out wrongly so ill do it again and u can delete the other two posts :D


culture is an intelligence test, and those that are joining are failing" t mckenna.

true, though i do believe those who are regressing from it in reclusiveness are handing it victory.

the need to become immersed within it while simultaneously being aware of our ability to craft it is vital in being able to convert it