Thursday, June 19, 2008

Talib Kweli & Madlib - Over the counter feat. Consequence



Yeah, what you know about that?
The era of the bullshit is over
It's the year of the Blacksmith

we need some new leaders
Politicians is lying, now artists is true divas
They meant to deceive us, they were sent to defeat us
Everybody in here shot his peers through the speakers
Guerrilla tactics, I'm a find a weapon, drop a rhyme or
Find a session, give you a final lesson in your final seconds
Liberation ain't the illest vinyl pressing?
Yeah right, and the government ain't lying about 9/11
...
People want to live it up, what, what's your drug of choice?
What, what, give it up, what, let me hook it up
Over the counter intelligence got ya hooked
You's a goner when I'm on the corner selling it
...
I went to college, then I left, that's when I got my education
Still live my regrets, now how ill would I be with a degree?
It would just a piece of paper to me, a receipt
One day I might go back, shit, who am I kidding?
How can I live with a stupid decision?
Get used to the prison that I built for myself
It's all real, true in lividness so I rap to put food in the kitchen, c'mon

No comments: