Monday, November 12, 2012

The major perk of breaking up with Mary Jane: Remembering Dreams

So one thing that really sucks about smoking weed is I don't remember any dreams anymore, very rarely a snippet here or there but basically none whatsoever. But I've quit for a few days now and they're back! Last night, I dreamt I fell in love - awwww ;p - which felt amazing considering I've been single for almost a decade (seriously, what gives universe!? Even magick ain't helping me out! Mostly cause I'm so bad at it :p). 

What's not so great is the withdrawel, don't laugh, I'm not only suffering withdrawel from weed which basically just makes me grumpy for 2-3 days usually, but also nicotine (we smoke our weed with tobacco here), and I've quit drinking coca cola to lose my belly (the non-aspartame kind) so I'm feeling an absence of sugar and caffeine too. I feel about as fucking bad as you can get without being sick or in pain lol :p, I hope it clears up soon! The fictional butterflies help tough!

7 comments:

Brizdaz (Darren) said...

RE:
"So one thing that really sucks about smoking weed is I don't remember any dreams anymore, very rarely a snippet here or there but basically none whatsoever."

I don't smoke weed and you've described my dreaming problems to a tee.So smoking weed couldn't really do my dream recall any worse than what you are describing above.

Kitty said...

Every body gets a different ride. I take melatonin when insomnia is giving me a hard time. I was promised wild and wooly dreams. Hasn't happened yet.

Elra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dedroidify said...

That was me with wrong account :p with the right one this time:

Kitty I didn't know what melatonin was lol! Learned something today, thanks ;) I'm a difficult sleeper but I'm very grateful I don't have insomnia, I wish you all the best with that.

Hehe Darren, if you're interested in increasing your dream recall google around a bit there are plenty of tips for it :) It'll take a bit of action on your part before going to sleep and waking but is worth it in my opinion.

Kitty said...

I got a handle on lucid dreaming a couple of decades ago and then decided that I didn't want that. I'm i'm going to be in control of my dreams, I may as well stay awake.

So, instead, I slept the sleep of the just and righteous, whether nor not that was a fact of my being ;-), for years.

Then, my body decided to shift gears and with my croning came waking up and staying awake for no reason that I was awake. Which would have been fine if I did creative work that could happen any time day or night. But, since I have to work at a set time for a particular number of hours, letting my body choose just isn't an option yet. I really need to sleep through the night.

So, I found a couple of ways into tricking my body into thinking I'm a little younger until I can arrange my work to fit better.

Rumor has it that melatonin is quite entertaining for some. It just lets me sleep like I did in my 40s.

Elra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dedroidify said...

Same thing, this multiple accounts thing is gonna bite me in the ass :p

Kitty, I see. I agree that lucid dreaming is a lot of work, though I do find it's not quite the same as being awake as I have a crazy imagination lol. I tend to fly or ride hoverboards or do stuff like that if I can ;p But I haven't for a while cause it's a bit tedious to keep it up. I'm sure I'll give it a go again soon though.

I might have to give this melatonin a try as an experiment! Thanks for sharing!