Friday, January 30, 2009

Richard Bandler: 30 years of NLP

"I don't have patients, I have students, so far I haven't found anybody that's mentally ill. Been looking seriously for 35 years I haven't met anybody who's mentally ill, met a lot of people that are very stupid. Especially when I went to Washington DC, place is filled with 'em."

"A lot of people have accused me of being a Guru, I'm just not that fucking sociable. Excuse me. I go off and do stuff by myself and I report back, that's the way I do things. Lots of people wanna follow me but they discover that's really difficult to do."

"How do you deal with habits, you use the truth! That's how you do it. How do you get people to change, you tell them the truth, and then you give them only the alternative of remaining the same and going into unbelievable pain and discomfort. For example: You can keep your bad habit, but I always add 4 or 5 more with it, you wanna keep smoking? That's fine but you're gonna be impotent until you quit, you'd be surprised how many guys change the habit right away. Huhuhuh."

"They brought me into this mental hospital, this guy was into one of the dayrooms. He was walking around, acting pretty weird. But of course they gave him bad drugs to start with. If you want people to be sane don't give them bad drugs, Thorazine is never gonna help anybody to get a firmer handle on reality, it's not gonna teach you to be happy, it's an anti-happy drug. Elleville(?), takes all the highs and all the lows away...
If you want people to be happy, you get the drugs out of their system and give them something to be happy about. The first thing they have to do is to practice. Most of every single day, this is what I found out, all these years and all these clients I found out everybody's practicing everyday to see how bad they can feel."
Richard Bandler
Finally a download of good video and audio quality of Richard Bandler (after a few years of terrible barely incomprehensible uploads!). Thanks Mani!

4 comments:

MaxKnowls said...

Hi
Are you Richard Bandler? I like and admire him.

Dedroidify said...

lol, no.

MaxKnowls said...

why does it say RB at the bottom of text then in your blog post? =)

Dedroidify said...

Cause... I was quoting him?