Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Aimless Wandering - Chuang Tzu's Chaos Linguistics

"The bait is the means to get the fish where you want it, catch the fish and you forget the bait. The snare is the means to get the rabbit where you want it, catch the rabbit and you forget the snare. Words are the means to get the idea where you want it, catch on to the idea and you forget about the words. Where shall I find a man who forgets about words, and have a word with him?"
Aimless Wandering - Chuang Tzu's Chaos Linguistics
by Peter Lamborn Wilson

1 comment:

SSoh said...

I love this quote. "Where can we find a man who forgets about words so I can have a word with him?" I know many who get caught up with words that they are not able to move beyond not realizing that 'word' points beyond itself and they start using words to categorize and divide. I want to meet a person who forgets words.