Friday, June 6, 2008

Daily Dedroidify: Lateral Thinking

Daily Dedroidify: Lateral Thinking

Lateral thinking is a term coined by Edward de Bono, a Maltese psychologist, physician, and writer. He defines it as a technique of problem solving by approaching problems indirectly at diverse angles
instead of concentrating on one approach at length.

Vertical thinking is digging the same hole deeper.
Lateral thinking is trying again elsewhere.

"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

"Traditional thinking is all about 'what is;' Future thinking will also need to be about what can be." Edward deBono


Tool - Lateralus

With my feet upon the ground I move myself between the sounds
and open wide to suck it in, I feel it move across my skin
I'm reaching up and reaching out
I'm reaching for the random or whatever will bewilder me
whatever will bewilder me
And following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been
We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been
Spiral out!
Keep going!

No comments: