Thursday, August 14, 2008

Charles Manson Interview with Charlie Rose


Charles Manson Interview with Charlie Rose part 1 & the rest

A great interview with a fascinating character. This interview I can, sort of, understand his B.S. and where he comes from. His belief and value systems got shaped in prison and on the street, and he really tries hard to make clear how different his reality tunnel is from the interviewer. And also how the image of him was partly manufactured (in a different interview more so than here). He makes a lot of fascinating remarks and social comments between some of the madness, and the ending is just gold. Many gems in there.

manson: Everything is love, there's nothing that isn't love, even the confusion is love in one form or another, it's misguided. Love is a word to supplement for God, or I would rather use the word intelligence, if you're goning to use the word love, use the word intelligence, because love is misunderstood in so many different ways and fashions.
rose: do you need to be loved?
manson: loved... I am loved, I am love
rose: by whom? are you loved?
manson: I am love
rose: are you loved?
manson: all the way and around the world with it, didn't you see it? 215 times taking it in the fire with it man
rose: meaning what
manson: me? meaning I'm taking up all the slack for you assholes. I'm carrying you around Nixon. I still got you... Reagan, hey Ronny! ... I'm intertwined in your very soul man.

No comments: