Friday, April 19, 2013

David Lynch explains Consciousness, Creativity and benefits of Transcendental Meditation


Really nice how David Lynch answers these questions, even though I'm not a big fan of his work. I'm also always happy to bash Transcendental Meditation, because a mantra isn't worth thousands of dollars. It's a rip off, though it obviously wouldn't hurt David Lynch's wallet. That being said, to be very clear, I have no problem what so ever with mantra meditation and practice it regularly myself. (Mostly the Yogani 'I am' or the Gayatri Mantra). It's just charging insane money for consciousness techniques I can't support.

2 comments:

ludi8vine said...

I was disappointed to find that David Lynch was more or less selling a mantra for thousands of dollars. That doesn't make any sense to me, although I'm sure the folks teaching it need the bio-survival tickets as much as anyone. I am a fan of David Lynch's work, which is why I was so disappointed when this video trailed off into a sales scheme when before it was so inspiring. I still admire the man, though. His work and way of life made me feel open to the idea that no one really needs to know the personal meaning of artwork, and that goofiness is just as valid a form of art as serious, mysteriousness.

Dedroidify said...

One assumption I can muster is that from his point of view cashflow is easy and the stuff he learned is seen as valuable, so maybe he is just promoting what helped him.