Thursday, May 16, 2013

Bill Maher shredded by Glenn Greenwald on US intervention in Muslim countries



"Last night I was on Bill Maher's HBO show "Real Time". There have always been numerous views of Maher's with which I agree. But he has become one of the most vocal and extreme advocates of the view that - while religion generally should be criticized - Islam is a uniquely threatening and destructive force and that Muslims are uniquely oppressive and violent...  hen I was scheduled to do the show, I was hoping that the opportunity would arise to debate these views (or that I could create the opportunity), and last night it did." Glenn Greenwald

3 comments:

Tristan Eldritch said...

Beautiful takedown! You can really see Maher starting to get petulant and angry because he's being so thoroughly outclassed.

Unknown said...

amen, Tristan!

first time i've seen Maher backed into a corner for his own beliefs.

Dedroidify said...

I remember Mos Def speaking his mind too here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRRrZINRrO4

but it was about time it happened again, I haven't been able to take Bill Maher seriously after his unquestioning stance on the official version of 9/11 and haven't watched a full show of him since.