Sunday, May 26, 2013

The average sentence for a first time non violent drug offender convicted under federal mandatory minimum sentencing laws is now longer than the average sentence for rape, child molestation, bank robbery, and manslaughter

Read the article Massachusetts reviews Mandatory Minimums, and reddit comments here.
"I never imaged that I would end up in prison for 10 year never imagined that could happen because I didn’t murder anyone. I didn’t rape anyone I’m not a child molester. I was a woman who had a drug problem and was doing illegal activities didn’t expected to get a longer sentence than people who do violent crimes. I never expected that."

The war on drugs is fucking stupid & evil.

2 comments:

Brizdaz (Darren) said...

This post reminds me of a great movie that I just saw at the cinema called "The Place Beyond the Pines"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G07pSbHLXgg

Highly recommended by me.

Dedroidify said...

Looks interesting.