Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Daily Conspiracy: Fear is the mindkiller

Newsflash: Hate & fear are not the solution to any problem.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
(From Frank Herbert's Dune)

"We will find that we will not be able to find and kill the last terrorist, because, well, he is a metaphor. And you can't kill a metaphor, you can only turn it into a cliché."
Sherman Alexie

2 comments:

Jake Kotze said...

Just read that. Reading Dune for the first time.

Be well

jake

Dedroidify said...

Hey Jake, that's great! I love that quote, it's been very useful.

Let me know how you like it, I've seen the movie and two mini series but haven't read it yet. Moad'Dib! The books are no doubt fascinating too, I was gonna read Wheel of Time first.

peace