Thursday, May 1, 2008

I'm not there


I'm not there trailer

I saw this Ruminations on the life of Bob Dylan movie yesterday, I love Bob but wasn't able to stay awake during the movie, though that may have had to do with other factors too :p. If you haven't seen any interviews or documentaries with Bob Dylan you're in for quite a treat! There were some great quotes in the movie of course, here are a few.

"I accept chaos. I don't know whether it accepts me."

"[looking up at a giant Jesus on the cross] Do your early stuff!"

"Seven simple rules of going into hiding: one, never trust a cop in a raincoat. Two, beware of enthusiasm and of love, both are temporary and quick to sway. Three, if asked if you care about the world's problems, look deep into the eyes of he who asks, he will never ask you again. Four, never give your real name. Five, if ever asked to look at yourself, dont. Six, never do anything the person standing in front of you cannot understand. And finlly seven, never create anything, it will be misinterpreted, it will chain you and follow you for the rest of your life."

[Woody shows Hobo Joe and Hobo Moe his guitar case which says 'THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS']
Hobo Joe: "You wouldn't be stashing no weapons in there, son?"
Woody Guthrie: "No sir, not in any literalized way."

No comments: