Tuesday, April 29, 2008

dEUS: Disappointed in the Sun & the Architect

Why two? Because I got t(w)o mister! And the symbolism is just great in these.


dEUS: Disappointed in the Sun (fanvid) & complete lyrics
Video down cause the band or their puppetmasters requested it.

Need I say my only wish was
To escape my earthly life
High skies were no option whereas
Diving deep in oceans wide
Was the way for me, to hide away
A possibility, to leave today
...
Under the sea, is where I'll be
No talking 'bout the rain no more
I wonder what thunder will mean, when only in my dream
The lightning comes before the roar
Under the sea, down here with me I find I'm not the only one
Who ponders what life would mean if we hadn't been
So disappointed in the sun


dEUS: the Architect (current single) full lyrics

Ah, nevermind that outer space stuff, let's get down to earth!

What is the architect doing? He is by the riverside
What is he thinking out there? He is committing egocide
Now isn't that a strange thing? Well, to him it feels just
Oh we guess a person's gotta do! What a person feels he must

He said: I won't throw myself from the pier
I'm gonna go home and shut up for a year
And when the year is over I'll reappear
And have a solution
I've reason to believe that what I find
Is gonna change the face of humankind
And all these years before, well I was blind
That's my conclusion

Cause I'm the architect (I feel it's touch and go)

Now the man has understood, that outerspace is overrated
About all the problems on this Earth we should worry now to solve them later
And so he's brooding and alluding on a perfect design
He thinks that working on behalf of himself is a crime
He flashes out by the water, a view so divine
He's the architect of his own fate, a man in his prime
...
And so he drew himself a pentagon
Thinking it through a geodesic dome
From the coast of Tahiti to the hills of Rome
Step aside cause the man will take the Nobel prize home
...
Now if these aspirations bother you
Well you are just you, you don't have a clue
I'm sticking to the plan, I will see it through
Let there be no confusion

Cause I'm the Architect!

Other great songs by dEUS available in online video are Fell off the Floor Man, Instant Street, Hotel Lounge, Suds & Soda, Little Arithmetics, Roses, Nothing really ends, etc.

No comments: