Saturday, August 8, 2009

RAW's new site

Robert Anton Wilson's website has been updated and it's all new and bright for your viewing pleasure


"You should view the world as a conspiracy run by a very closely-knit group of nearly omnipotent people, and you should think of those people as yourself and your friends." RAW

This is from the thoughts section:
3.11.93 Jia Shen, Year of the Monkey

I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions.

I strongly suspect that a world "external to," or at least independent of, my senses exists in some sense.

I also suspect that this world shows signs of intelligent design, and I suspect that such intelligence acts via feedback from all parts to all parts and without centralized sovereignity, like Internet; and that it does not function hierarchically, in the style an Oriental despotism, an American corporation or Christian theology.

I somewhat suspect that Theism and Atheism both fail to account for such decentralized intelligencce, rich in circular-causal feedback.

I more-than-half suspect that all "good" writing, or all prose and poetry that one wants to read more than once, proceeds from a kind of "alteration in consciousness," i.e. a kind of controlled schizophrenia. [Don't become alarmed -- I think good acting comes from the same place.]

I sometimes suspect that what Blake called Poetic Imagination expresses this exact thought in the language of his age, and that visits by "angels" and "gods" states it an even more archaic argot.

These suspicions have grown over 72 years, but as a rather slow and stupid fellow I do not have the chutzpah to proclaim any of them as certitudes. Give me another 72 years and maybe I'll arrive at firmer conclusions.

1 comment:

Atareye said...

-I don't think we're far off from resurrecting DNA. We all seem to be made of information. A dynamic system of binaries. Each binary controlling a process. Maybe we are mother earths cosmic animation. Each of us could be thought of as one million coin tosses happening every second. And the force that animates us shows us it's dark and light side; itself like a trillion coin tosses. Here's the tricky part these "coins" seem to group and form structural patterns made manifest(visually) in psychedelic experiences. And we all have a chance to choose to see it ... maybe just some of it ; )

Peace