Thursday, December 4, 2008

Fire!

Yesterday at around midnight. There was shouting in the street. Looked out the window, suspected it was a drunk who was just shouting incoherently (which was the case). He kept at it though, so I looked again. Oh shit! The building across the street is on fire. Not a big fire yet but through the metal gate I could see it burning. Hey what's that I see, MY CAR IS PARKED IN FRONT OF IT! :p I've never been downstairs so quick lol. I quickly moved it so the fire trucks could get closer to it and you know, don't break my windows to put their hose through (that wasn't fun to type, lol). They were already arriving, 3 firetrucks, the sight of which made me smile like a little boy. The fire was out immediately, either it was an electrical malfunction of some sort or more nefarious stuff. Cause the cops were called and took pictures and investigated the scene along with some fire marshalls for at least an hour. That's all for regional news, back to you Kathy.

No comments: