Monday, May 11, 2009

GI JOE Resolute


GI JOE Resolute 11 parts

GI Joe Resolute, an 11 part animation written by Warren Ellis. Featuring HAARP, huge spiral shaped particle weapons, eye in triangle tank barrels, etc.

The writer Warren Ellis was unfamiliar with the franchise and notes that:
"It went like this. Sam Register phoned me up and said, we’d really like you to write a GI JOE animation, at a PG-13 rating, aimed at an older viewer. I said, I’ve never seen a GI JOE cartoon in my life. The closest I got to a GI JOE comic was drinking with Larry Hama. I’ve never even seen a GI JOE. Couldn’t tell you what they look like if you paid me. I know nothing about GI JOE. It is meaningless in my world. Excellent, Sam said. Just the guy we need. It was hard not to notice, at this point, that Sam Register is crazier than a shithouse rat. Therefore I decided to take the job."

No comments: