Thursday, July 17, 2008

Hieroglyphics

The Hieroglyphics: Soweto

The collective is known for its ubiquitous, three-eyed, straight-lipped face logo that figures prominently on their albums, website, stickers, and clothing (worn by both the collective's members, as well as fans).

Del the Funkee Homosapien (Deltron 3030, Gorillaz, etc) comments about the logo:
"When I invented that symbol, I never thought it would get this big. I've seen about 20 people with that tattoo. I saw a comic book - like Clerks or something - and one of the fools in there had a Hiero shirt on. I saw a Redman and Method Man video, and there's somebody in the crowd with a Hiero shirt on. I think slowly but surely people are starting to pay attention to us." (The first album is also called Third Eye Vision.)

That'll do it for hip hop related stuff for a while now me thinks ;p

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

my Mom used to work with a company that probably had a prior connection with this symbol.

http://www.herrmann-assoc.com/Westinghouse_logo_BLK.jpg

I'm glad I found it, I couldn't remember at first where I knew it from, I was think GE, but that wasn't it. It's definitely WestingHouse.

Dedroidify said...

Nice, thanks.

Anonymous said...

it's of worth to note the only variation between the two symbols besides the curved edges is a VV, or W.